Wednesday 20 February 2013

Regent's Park

Hi ya, pal! (Home Alone criminal voice). On Friday (yes, almost a week ago - whoops), I went out and explored Regent's Park. When I say "I went and explored", I mean I crossed the street and brought my camera. Regent's College is located between the Inner Circle and Outer Circle along the York Gate (see map). The map is very simple though. The green spaces are actually different gardens and there are rivers running through it.



A waterfall in the middle of the park.


The main pathway in Queen Mary's Gardens.


An ivy covered bridge.

It was so pretty walking around the park. Warm, too. I had just a sweater on all day! The birds were chirping and you could hardly hear the noise of the city. It's nothing like the Boston Common. Much more of a peaceful park than the Common, better uses than a pathway for commuters. 


Statue in the middle of St. John's Lodge Gardens. St. John's Lodge in the background.


Pathway to St. John's Lodge Gardens.

After exploring, I found it a good idea to go for a run through the park. My downfall was choosing to go around 4 pm when people like to go for an after work walk. I did quite more maneuvering than running, but it was still gorgeous! Maybe next time I'll try a different time of day. 


Queen Mary's Gardens.

I can see myself bringing my homework to one of the many park benches in the park on a nice day in April. Or, even a blanket and lay in the sun. Loving London! 


1 comment: